Recipe for Bird Seed Bars for Breakfast, Snack or Dessert
Posted on 01 June 2016
These no-bake bars are extremely easy to make, high in fiber and flavor. They're healthy and yummy enough as a breakfast-on-the-go or afternoon snack. Keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- 2 cups whole grain cereal (flakes or squares) – lightly crushed
- 2 cups whole oats
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup dried dates – chopped
- ½ cup raisins – chopped
- 1/3 cup almond nut butter
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons (or more) hot water
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the cereal, oats, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, dates and raisins.
- In a small saucepan, heat the almond nut butter, vanilla, butter and molasses. Stir while heating until warm and smooth. Be sure not to boil.
- Pour the warm mixture into the dry cereal and stir to mix well.
- Pour into a 9x13 size cake pan. Using damp fingers, press to pack down. Allow to cool completely then cut into squares.
- Makes 24 servings.